View Single Post
Old 2012-12-07, 01:38   Link #21
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know I see many people (not here mind you) on different forums and sites saying that all the characters say for Shinya are underdeveloped. Which is as fare as I can see untrue.

If they actually paid attention to the interactions between the characters they would see the development being done a little bit at a time.
It's true that the characters are getting slow but steady development (Gino and Masaoka for this episode), but so far the series has shown the enforcers and investigators to be pretty useless save for Shinya and Masaoka. As much as I like Gino, so far he is shown as a rather extreme by the book cop with little to no investigation skills to back it up. It doesn't help that the police commissioner(?) said that she has high hopes for Gino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's not it. Akane's interest in learning more about the work of a detective (profiling, etc) is consistent with her her stated goal of choosing to work for the Criminal Investigation Division in order to make a difference (episode 2, if I remember correctly!!). This isn't about Kougami; Akane needs to learn more and catch up to him to achieve her goal, because she won't change anything just by doing her job as an inspector like Gino does.
Hmm. Maybe you are right. Akane is a good girl at heart and definitely wants to change the police works, but so far those pursuing of knowledge (profiling etc) and the enforcers' pasts all stem from her interest in Kougami. Other characters (Gino and Masaoka) have repeatedly warned her of such actions might cause more harm than good, which she sort of ignored. I don't know if she is aware of the danger of her investigations as she has grown accustomed to Kougami. I just hope she is thinking straight and not letting her interest in Kougami changes what she originally planned to do.

There is also subtle hints at the end of the episode that say maybe Kougami does not really care about Akane's psycho pass reading for now, as he is getting more and more obsessed with Makishima.

I just hope things won't turn too bad for them XD