View Single Post
Old 2010-08-17, 16:54   Link #245
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

This episode could be nothing but big bold letters (albeit not red letters) saying "X IS TRUE. Y IS FALSE. Z KILLED EVERYBODY. Q HELPED." And it still wouldn't be trustworthy. Are people seriously believing this crap? Are expectations that low? Is the obvious existence of an ep8 coming down the pike not cause for serious concern? Are people just so fatigued that they want an answer, any answer, whether it really lives up to the previous six episodes' setup or not?

It's within your rights to accept shaky and self-inconsistent scenarios as "the answer," but merely because something is presented starkly and unambiguously is not of much help to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Kinzo doesn't want just anyone to solve the epitaph. He put it into place because he put two and two together and figured out that Shannon was actually his and Beatrice's child. The epitaph is a message to Genji. Genji can leave it "unsolved" and Beatrice's child will never come to light, or her can have Shannon "solve" it, thus proving his suspicions correct and giving him someone to apologize to before he dies.
Then what difference does it make if anybody else solves it? Think about the reason why any of this should function the way it does. Oliver has already pointed out the chapel/epitaph inconsistency. I'm sure there are others.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error