View Single Post
Old 2011-08-13, 08:03   Link #204
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
One punch KOs do occur. And a KO is more dangerous than being put to sleep, which (unless held longer than necessary with explicit intent to hurt somebody) results in zero permanent damage.

I never said the punch had a realistic chance of being lethal, because the blood choke, barring explicit intent or the user being a jackass, has zero chance of it either. However, a single punch can easily be unexpectedly damaging, especially when the victim is someone unused to combat. Concussive blows can lead to Alzheimer's whereas with blood chokes zero deleterious effects have been recorded and there have been zero directly attributable deaths in the entire history of Judo.

This discussion is OT. Seems like certain individuals are just using a one-liner from a wikipedia article to exaggerate the lethality of choking. Accidental death is possible with methods which directly constrict the trachea, but the blood choke by its very nature (because the only way you can kill is by holding it too long i.e. knowing the correct execution of it) is not lethal except by way of intention.
Sol, repeated concussive blows over the course of years will lead to Alzheimers. Unless Moeka is a proffesional boxer there's no need to worry in the slightest.