View Single Post
Old 2012-01-05, 06:04   Link #64
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Quote:
Plus, way to completely misunderstand the character and what he thinks as conquest. Read the novels, protip: all his followers were willing, all those countries he conquered ruled themselves while he kept on moving to the east. It's not 100% clear in the anime, although most people actually get the right idea. His goal is to be alive again.
I admire your tenacity in defending your favorite character, but you did not manage to refute one part of my post. Alexander the Great didn't politely walk up to every kingdom and ask if they could start a new empire with him, he invaded countries and started war, with his sole purpose being, and I quote, 'to reach the furthest border of the East'. He wanted to make a name for himself and leave his very footprint in the history bucks as one of the greatest conquerors this world has ever seen.

Despite his intentions, he ultimately took everything he wanted by force, hence the title 'Iksander, King of Conquerors'. Your naïve portrayal of him as a great man does nothing to change the facts. The ends did not justify the means. He is an ambitious, but inconsiderate and reckless man, and did not fight for the sake of his expanding empire, but rather himself. Those are his true flaws, not overbearing kindness. And in this respect, yes, he is indeed the polar opposite of Saber, as her goal to protect her country with no regard for herself is more noble than his ego trip will ever be.

Last edited by SJCrew; 2012-01-05 at 06:21.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote