View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 16:33   Link #98
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I missed out on Black/White (and I'm now reading that there was a Black 2 and White 2, so I guess that was missed as well?), but I may make a return to the franchise for this, depending on what I think of the world and plot. I'd really like them to make a more engaging plot; the first few gens had that charming ambiguous old school RPG thing going on, but the world has always felt like it could be home to a more intensive story than what we end up getting. Pokemon Platinum (last one I played) seemed like it was leaning towards wanting to flesh out the in-game lore a bit, but it felt very standalone and unconnected to the games that came before it in terms of explaining legendaries, the world itself, etc. I'd like a game that does some tying together of plot points and maybe a bit more serious atmosphere for the backstory. Then again, perhaps what I really want is for Pokemon to grow up as I have so I can be immersed in it like I was as a kid, so I might be hoping for too much. Pokemon with a more intense plot does sound pretty cool though even if I attempt to remove my nostalgia goggles.

Were Black/White and Black/White 2 fun from a plot perspective? Now I'm contemplating wasting my money and buying them lol.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote