View Single Post
Old 2013-03-31, 01:53   Link #1862
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It still gives me a headache. These types of games really aren't great when you pull the screen like that. The immersion is different from when you play a racing game or FPS. for these types of games you need to be aware of your surroundings at all times so your senses are stretched a lot. This translates into headaches really. Ofcourse yolu can always just pay attention to the middle portion but that kills the necessity of the side screens. Racing games make you feel more immersed but again, I don't really feel the need. Maybe they work like letting you see the car running beside you, I don't really know. FPS will easily let you know which enemy is shooting at you faster. Why those two genre get a pass is because getting hit isn't that much of a big deal really. But when it comes to games of hack'n slash which DMC should deliver, getting hit is a big no-no. stretching your senses thin as an easy way to get hit. Rather than claustrophobic I really feel the environments are unnecessarily wide. There is no usage of the environment for combat which makes the whole thing feel like watching how much you can whack away at your enemy without rhyme or reason. the eyefinity just emphasizes how big and flat the field is. That claustrophobic feeling is probably a big part of the original DMC too, because as some reviewers have said the claustrophobia results into tension. Tension means you are more engaged in it.

The cutscenes do look better with the eyefinity, but they need to fix the code as it really is distracting with all the shifting/popping textures as well as the characters suddenly warping in and out. Not too painful to watch but better off unsaid if those are the results.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote