View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 05:10   Link #82
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So...

This is probably the ending I want, where they stay brothers and sisters with no wincest. But somehow, it's not satisfying at all. They do have an understanding of each other in the end, which is good, but the problem I have with the ending is that life goes on. To exaggerate what this means, I felt like I wasted my time watching an anime that goes right back to where it started. Even though Kirino "caved," they are both still outwardly stubborn to each other, no different from the very first episode, so from a viewer's point of view, there is absolutely no progress.

The best way for me summarize how I feel is that this is the direction I want, but I don't see episode 12 as an ending, as if something else can develop that the viewer should see. My main problem with this episode is how Kirino started punching Kyou-chan again, which I thought her not doing so was a remarkable improvement. The other main problem is how Kyou-chan said to Manami "nothing important" when she inquired about his good mood. Without these two scenes, I believe episode 12 would be a perfect ending. Alternatives can be Kirino angrily slamming the door on Kyou-chan instead of punching him, and Kyou-chan simply admitting something happened with Kirino without going into details.

Even so, the best moment in the episode is the walk to school, because Kyou-chan was actually smiling instead of flinching every time Kirino talks, and Kirino was chatting with Kyou-chan like a brother instead of some disgusting pervert.

EDIT: I just realized that the only reason I wanted more episodes (for this "ending") is because I want to see nekomimi Kirino.