View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 09:18   Link #1747
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I didn't know that since I haven't opened the plastic cover yet I thought there's some problem with the publisher or something that they wouldn't put the original illustration for the covers

Oh well three volumes here we go~
The reason for the cosplay covers is that book stores do not like manga style covers on anything other than manga. They believe, rightly or wrongly, that manga style covers for non-manga books don't sell well. Since Yen Press is trying to get its books in bookstores and they're a small publisher with little clout, they pretty much have to do what bookstores want. Fans overwhelmingly wanted the original covers though. After some trial and error, Yen Press came up with the solution of providing the cosplay dust jackets with the original artwork on the actual book. I think Yen Press should be lauded for coming up with a solution that pleases nearly everyone. (I say "nearly everyone" because Yen Press' bosses at Hatchet Publishing probably don't like the extra costs involved with making the 2 covers.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote