View Single Post
Old 2009-03-27, 05:15   Link #2651
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Here's something weird. Spices, and when I mean spice, i mean those little spicy things we put on our chickens and tacos

When you eat them you get a burning sensation, with little to no taste. Yet we still eat them, and i've always wondered, why? Of course this may come down to personal taste, but can anyone give me a reasonable explanation.
Because its a sensation that feels good and bad, like alcohol or coffee.

I love peppers even have gotten my tolerance up to habanero levels, I mix my own sauces now because I can't find enough cheap habanero stuff.

I use a big bottle of Tapatio Hot Sauce - Salsa Picante and either put a bottle of crushed red or a table spoon of cyan and 2 bottles dried and pureed Taxes Pete Tabasco peppers, with a dash of sugar for taste. Pureed tabasco peppers bring alot of bitter with them :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
If all you taste is the burning of spices, it means someone screwed up the recipe. Spices are supposed to compliment and enhance the natural flavors of the dish, not overpower it with throat burns.

Of course, I know people who drink Tabasco straight from the bottle. That's a true lover of spice.
Tabasco is hella weak >>
Hell its so bad now I have to put cyan on everything just to add a bot of taste :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote