View Single Post
Old 2010-04-01, 01:35   Link #25
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
... Ouch.

So you finally posted this, huh? It looks great. I knew you had some big plans for it, so I'm glad to see you got it started and off the ground. And what a start it is! Angst! Konoka in a marriage of convinience! Asuna furious! Setsuna emotionless! And it's just the prologue!

I look forward to the next chapter.
Thanks . I debated opening with more plot, but I had most of this done up already and it just seemed to work for me, so I decided to introduce the set-up of the characters first and only slide in hints about the plot in the prologue.

Of course, it will all get worse before it gets better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
I'll second that ouch. I mean, that's just painful.

As a general rule, I try to avoid stories where Setsuna holds on too hard to her duty and fear to keep Konoka from ending up married to someone else because really, there's no way to ease in gently to that. Pure angst straight away. But I'm also addicted to this kind of frustrating conflict, so I'll be waiting for the next chapter with bated breath, and much thanks for the prologue!
I'll be struggling to balance the angst with the character development , but I always wanted to read a story where Setsuna and Konoka struggle with being so close to each other, still love each other, yet they can't be together, for legitimate and mature reasons....and since I had a hard time finding fics that matched this curiosity, I started thinking up of one myself and soon I had a plot bunny!

Very glad that you took a chance on this, and that you like it! ^^