View Single Post
Old 2011-08-03, 23:13   Link #23563
cronnoponno

No, Erika and Dlanor made it clear that they would tell him as soon as they placed the seals, hang on I'm going to get the scene so I can get some quotes.

Dlanor:

''UNDERSTOOD.... Lady Erika will also retroactively adjust her movements, starting before the discovery of the first twilight, and taking into account that the application of this privilege is now POSSIBLE. ......as soon as these changes take affect in the progression of the game, they will be reported to the game MASTER.'' Sealing Battler's room would have changed the progression of the game regardless of what logic you try to use, because even if Battler was alive, or dead, anyone going in or out of the room would have obviously had to know about the tapes resistance, Piece-Battler would never have been able to leave his room had he known the tape was still there, and even if he wasn't the culprit, no culprit is going to walk into a door with a detectives tape on it.

Erika:
''Actually, there's something I need to apologize for...''

Either Beato or Battler:
''Apologize....?''

Erika:It's about those retroactive seals, .....Actually, I have already sealed one place. I apologize for taking so long to report this to you''

Battler:
''You already sealed something?....In other words, you've already used up all three rooms worth?''

Erika:
''Yes I promised I'd report it right away, but I completely forgot until just now, you have my sincere apologies.''(this is obviously a lie)

And Erika wouldn't completely break the game unless she did it within the rules, anyone can break a game when they break obvious rules. If I wanted to troll someone playing chess, I wouldn't neglect telling them I took one of their pawns or something when they left to the bathroom, instead I would probably move one piece back and fourth constantly and have them complain, it still follows the rules(unless this rule is made beforehand), and it's even more of a troll if I end up winning. But would you honestly feel any shame if someone pulled such bs on you in a chess game, or any game for that matter? No you'd kick their ass and not play a game with them ever again, would your will to play chess be crushed after facing such an unfair defeat? No, there is no game breaking this way.

It just makes you think ''Yeah, you might have broke the game, but that was a pretty weak and pathetic way to do it'', I just can't see her as a superior intellectual rapist if this is how she plays, my image of her was just sort of ruined after that.

Also, Battler does NOT get permission to rewrite the tale, he does it as soon as he gives Erika the tape without any agreement, Dlanor asks if they should treat the tape as if they had got it from Kumasawa, and Battler says ''Yes I'll rewrite the tale now''. The narrative between Ange and Featherine also explained that if a magicians trick is seen-through, they're allowed to change the trick as long as the result is matched, it's just hard to think of a different scenario so quickly when you've already planned for one.

Last edited by cronnoponno; 2011-08-03 at 23:45.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote