Thread: Licensed Nana
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-17, 22:40   Link #1162
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
I'm quite amazed, that there are people, who watched 50 episodes of anime about a couple of sluts.
And I'm ready for fifty more. Fifty episodes about a couple of saints would be pretty boring, lol. Once again, I have to say that not all anime have to be didactic children's literature.

The fact that Hachi was so loose is a big part of the background and the story. I think Yazawa-sensei sees it as part of her problem. It has hardly led her to a happy life. I'll bet her parents had no idea what she was doing, and even if they did had no idea how to stop her.

As for Nana, other people have made my point for me. She was not a slut in any sense at all, unless you think that any sex outside of marriage makes her a slut. If she hadn't been so scared of marriage, she and Ren would have been married long ago. I think there are good arguments for and against sex before marriage, but in the world as it is, the apparent fact is that in the order of about half of everybody has had sex by the time they are 17, in Japan or in the West.

In any case, what you did in your post is known in the trade as "trolling": making a strong negative statement in a place where you could expect to offend a lot of people and get them to take your bait and argue. However, it was interesting trolling, so thanks.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote