Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 11:56   Link #1806
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
If that was the case, then my entire position would change completely. But really, there's not much left for me to say when the entire conflict could simply be suppressed by sheer will power. Regardless, it's still strikes me as curious how even such a view could celebrate the dominance of the ego over the id.

I'm still rather skeptical about the effectiveness of the conscious (rational) self in suppressing the unleashed desires, given my view of the cognitive mechanism behind the phenomenon. It seems to me that we're on opposite sides of the fence on this matter. From the looks of it, I might be the one in the wrong here, but I'm not entirely sold on it just yet. So far, we haven't seen a single instance of cognitive interference successfully hindering a desire trigger.
Maybe, it’s best for us to not being too technical (read: serious) about this “unleashed desire” thing. Doing that might be relevant for anime like Monster, but I don’t think it’s well-applied for KC since the show itself is clearly not focusing too deeply into that. If we continue doing this, we might end up hating this series for some ridiculous or irrelevant reasons like a certain poster.