View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 21:11   Link #138
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Regards unarmed,

Spoiler for Light Novel Information, comparison to current content only:

Regards what has been said earlier, the level cap is at 100 but the game still continues - but what happens is, as other posters have said, the safety margin is gone. Going back to Silica's ep, the light novels note that you need a safety margin of at least ten levels above whatever floor you are on, which was why Silica was in such despair, as there was no way she'd be able to powerlevel in three days to be high enough to solo that floor (though it's a moot point, with what happened).

As Kirito said, gear can compensate for the level gap to an extent, though I'm quite sure Kayaba ensured that the infamous Alchemy-Enchanting-Smithing loop from Skyrim couldn't be replicated in SAO

Still, all in all, a decent ep all things considered. I do consider this one of the weaker points of the original novel, as the relationship upgrade felt as though it came outta nowhere... at least with the chronological adaptation, you get to see more buildup.

So anyway Asuna flag tripped, relationship upgraded to official couple status. Hell yes. I'm getting tired of will they won't they stories.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-08 at 23:32. Reason: clarified wording of spoiler tag
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote