Thread: Thief 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-07, 06:27   Link #55
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
No forced MP, please. kkthxkai
Actually i m a bit disappointed that they didn't try to do any multiplayer mode. Something along the veins of Assassin creed style would be nice. But it's just one of those wishes of mine for something new to the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Thankfully!
Well they said they are going to switch between first and third-person when you climb for example (well, i guess like DE:HR also switched into third-person when you climbed a ladder).

And I am a little worried about the sprint mode wich lets you jump over small obstacles atomatic... but I guess this is all about balancing.
Some people on the internet are really worried about Gerret being a silent-running ninja now, but if a person that runs through a room and jumps over tables has the noise level of a person that... well... is running through a room and jumping over tables, that's okay. I also believe the diving from cover to cover mechanic is also very much like the cover mechanic from DE:HR, so it's not that overpowered i hope.
I just hope it won't be a series of chest high walls for you to hide behind. The game relies a lot on actual visibility of your character via the light gems instead of hiding behind obstacles. Hopefully they don't deviate too much from that aspect.