View Single Post
Old 2010-01-26, 18:35   Link #35
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post

The nanoha/vivio Starlight breaker combo might be worth it if your a fan. The chances of doing it are reasonable. In one match I pulled off 3 Starlight breaker climaxes with at least 15 soul damage. If I'm right you get 7 cards, and one card in the pack is pretty good. Now if you open a pack or product. If you see a silver or gold money bag. You won something however you can only redeem it in Japan. .
Ah, that's too bad that I wouldn't be able to redeem it heh, I'm a sucker for stuff like that. Despite what I posted about how terrible a value buying Magic packs is, I actually love it and do it all the time. It's just more fun opening a really valuable card than buying it as a single, even if the amount I spent on packs to get it comes out to way more than just buying it would have. (Of course when it comes to actually making a deck I will buy the singles, I'm not insane enough to try to get 4 of every needed card from packs.)

How big a difference is there between the "pretty good" cards and the rest? Does the luck aspect make basically anything at least slightly playable or are there absolute garbage cards that you'd never consider playing under any circumstances? I actually prefer that such cards do exist as they are great skill-testers among other reasons (i.e. someone with skill knows enough to not play them).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote