View Single Post
Old 2010-06-05, 03:26   Link #80
zette

So from the preview it seems that they're not gonna go the 'make every character disappear' route, but rather, focusing on the SSS and the afterlife world as a whole. Even so, I doubt they'll be able to come up with a satisfactory ending with the three episodes that they have left. Three episodes won't be enough to show everyone's past and when they introduce an afterlife world where a large emphasis is placed on what everyone's lives were like in the real world, it is imperative that they at least show everyone's past because it is inevitable that fans will want to know. If they don't manage to tie up these loose ends and satisfy the fans, then I think that will be what prevents Angel Beats from becoming just another mediocre anime. It has been said countless times but I'll say it again: this series begs for two cours or more.

This was a good episode though. I've always liked Yui as a character, even more so now since a reason was given for her hyperactivity, which is mainly because she had no chance to behave in such a way when she was alive. The 'shadow' mentioned in the end is interesting, but we'll have to wait for next week to see what that's about. God damn cliffhangers.