View Single Post
Old 2005-12-19, 19:08   Link #50
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

I should probally have refrased my last line of mine post a bit better, but i was tired and when i am tired my english tends to fall behind.

Quote:
Searcher, if you want to believe this show is a simple, surface-level, Nemu x Junichi love fest, be my guest, but don't expect me to do the same. I personally can't avoid seeing the connections in this show - I can't see them all as simple coincidences. To me, that it was done on purpose is the only explanation that makes sense
Maybe the reason why you got under my skin is that you sound like a preacher, meaning that you are absolutly convinced that there is a hidden message in the serie. That everything is there for a reason. I DON'T have a problem with what you believe in, maybe your right and then i can learn from it or maybe your wrong. But you "sound" like that you are right and everybody elses opinion is wrong.

Quote:
I want to share and discuss it with others, because that's how we see if there's any truth or validity to our thoughts
But when i tell mine opinion of the serie that it's not very well written etc, i get attacked that i am just a pissed of kotorifan and that's why i don't like the serie.
That i don't get the "deeper meaning".

Quote:
Do you really think I'm that insecure?
I don't know and i really don't care, i am here to talk and learn about DCSS, not think about you. Strange as it might seems.

Quote:
demonstrate what you feel the truth is
I am not here to tell other people what the truth is, not mine or anybody elses truth.
I only give mine opinion.
All i said was, what if there all is a simple story, no hidden message.

Quote:
But please don't do this whole defensive thing
What defensive thing, you write so much, i get a headache just from reading and understanding it all. Even more when i have to come with a reply.

Quote:
then what's the point in storytelling
To listen and enjoy to a nice story, that's all for me.

Quote:
why the authors wrote the story
Just maybe they just wanted to tell their story, nothing more nothing less.
You make it sound like everything, for example, harry potter does in the books has some deeper meaning to it. If he should pick up a glass then there is no deeper meaning to it. He just picked up a glass.
If i watch an action movie and see some explosion, i don't think the explosion has a deeper meaning to it. It's just a big boom to me.

Quote:
If you don't want to learn from this show, you won't; you'll just walk away calling it a shitty sequel that screwed Kotori over, and resent the day the producers ever decided to create it. If that's the way it's going to be, then what's there to discuss? Why keep watching? Why didn't you give up on D.C.S.S. long ago, and why shouldn't Arnyer do the same now? If that's your conclusion, then why bother arguing with me? Aren't you wasting your time?
It not that i want to learn from the show, it's if i get the message. Even if i "get" the message, it doesn't mean that i think the serie was good. I can still "call it a shitty sequel that screwed Kotori over, and resent the day the producers ever decided to create it".
I have stopped discussing DCSS a long time ago (or does it seems like a long time). Why watch it? I usually see an anime to the end, a fatal flaw of mine.
I didn't tell arnyer to stop watching DCSS, i didn't tell him anything.
Why arguing with you?? Guess i like to argue, but you got under my skin as i said above.

Since when did i tell people not to watch season2 anymore, all i can remember is telling mine opinion about the serie. I honestly cann't remember telling anybody not to watch DCSS.

In conclusion, (it's late and me tired) if you see a deeper meaning in everything (movies, books, comic etc) that's fine for you.
But atleast think that other people don't think like you do.
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote