View Single Post
Old 2013-01-15, 08:14   Link #99
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 15 - Superelectric Machine Dolfine, The Fastest Speed in the World

I really liked this one. What begins as Kakeru and Rinne fighting turns into a girls' day out. It's a good showcase for some bonding among the female cast. The show makes it pretty obvious that KakeRin has potential as a couple, but anybody watching this show for romance is going to find it a tertiary element at best. Now Dolphine is pretty cool - continuing Rinne's trend of being the cleric of the group, but energy draining can be used offensively. Like sucking all the energy out of Hippo Cannon.

I thought it was a completely new mecha, but it turns out it's an upgrade of Prius. But in toy terms, some remolding and redecoing will have to be done, so it's essentially a new toy there. Rinne gets to keep her personal mecha, and Bandai gets to sell some new merch. Everybody wins. I'm surprised there's an ice rink big enough to support three robots without cracking. It played to Rinne's strengths and made for a visually nice fight, just curious about it. Got a small laugh out of Jake and Elwood Blues being defeated by sea creatures.

This week's young love story kinda sorta leads into next week's different love story, about Micman Seki. This should be fun.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote