Thread: Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 04:22   Link #78
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
If a corporation isn't satisfying the consumer then just let it die. There's no point in raging about it really. I think used market sales and such being considered ban is pretty stupid. The problem of sales is mostly that the creators don't know what each audience wants and how to produce for them. The casual crowd wants something they can just pick up and drop without paying a single dime for. The hardcore audience will, I sh*t you not, throw money at the companies just to make games that are timeless and absolutely beautiful to keep on your shelf if not play.

However, this just seems to whiz by their heads. They keep thinking about pandering to a bigger audience, imagining what if Angry Bird players, note to be anywhere from clueless 5 year olds to really bored 50 year olds, as people willing to shell cash for the new CoD which is mostly a peer pressure game anyway. They should realize that 5 year olds don't have money and bored 50 year olds play Angry birds because they are bored, not because they shelled $60 for it. Quality games are dying because works of art, personal view, like the single digit final fantasy series are just turning into shells of their former selves now.

I've already given up hope on some game devs companies and am moving on to newer promising game devs. Consoles are just as easy. If the new PS4 is just as dumb as Kotaku makes it sound, then I would have no second thoughts of moving on to a wii u or just sticking to a PC.

The problem with using a digital copy is indeed the effective "rent" system which would be established. Yes you have a soft copy of the game, yes you are able back it up. But the second you misplace you username and password then you're probably five kinds of screwed. All your gaming investments turn into nothing. You practically have to have that username and password tattooed on you or something especially if you abuse the auto log-in features. Not to mention if hackers decide to play around in PSN again. The only way for your hard copy CD's to break is if you're being stupid with them. The sheer security if knowing you have a dedicated solid copy is very different from just having the installer or something. Compare e-book at a real paperback book. The feel and experience is different.

You're reading a Kotaku article, that's bad enough but it's also from 11 months ago and hence is bullshit.

We would be better off if this thread was split off from RRW's post with the teaser clip + more than likely near accurate (specs can get bumped/downgraded last minute) leaks.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote