View Single Post
Old 2009-02-17, 10:27   Link #30
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Yeah, I was guessing because I haven't read that far in the book yet, so it's hard to say for sure what Touko was thinking when Yumi invited them both to the party, but judging from Noriko's rather strong opposition to inviting both of them (instead, I think, of just inviting Touko), I thought I was on the right track. I was keeping in mind the fact that Noriko is one of the more "normal" people in the series, and that she also cares a great deal about Touko.

Either way, this reminds me of the whole discussion during Rainy Blue over who was more at fault. And while the anime made it look like like poor little Yumi got bulldozed by evil Sachiko and Touko's evil eyebrows, the reality was that Yumi ran away from her responsibilities in her relationship with Sachiko because she was being paranoid and childish, and wasn't unable to trust the person she loved at a critical moment. She wasn't *entirely* at fault (Sachiko was acting really weird, after all), but she wasn't blameless, either.

As the saying goes, it takes two to tango.

But she learned a Valuable Lesson, grew a bit as a character, and it made for some nice drama.