View Single Post
Old 2006-12-21, 23:52   Link #153
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

I found a bunch of typos and weird sentences after reading it over again (I was in a hurry when I finished so I didn't proofread). But oh well, the same could be said for all my pieces, hopefully they're not too distracting. ^^;

Just to put this "puzzle game" into perspective with the rest of the game. The puzzle game was inserted into Matsuribayashi-hen midgame, after a long prologue featuring Takano's entire childhood, before the story shifted back to "present time" (one week before Watanagashi), with Takano getting ready to make her move, while Rika was just "returning" from her last retry in Minagoroshi-hen. Most of you probably noticed many references to Takano's childhood in the pieces, but no actual coverage of it. This is the reason why.

The purpose of the puzzle game was for the player to string together the scattered pieces in chronological order, in order to understand the true backgrounds of all the "game pieces" (that is, characters) within the game. The story cannot continue on until all the pieces have been recovered, because the "game" cannot start until all the facts (rules) and pawns have gathered on the board.

Well, that was the idea anyway. In any case, that's as much as it goes in terms of preparation. All that's left is the actual scenario. Hopefully the new anime season will cover at least that adequately (because we all know there's no chance in hell they'd animate the puzzle pieces ).