View Single Post
Old 2009-12-31, 15:36   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Feng View Post
Hey it's KyoAni, so there will be some people who expect some sort of major serious plot and they might do that. I'm hoping this second season would keep the same vibe as the manga, a light slice-of-life comedy with no drama. Just fun and laughs.
Why would anyone suspect "major serious plot" out of a studio that is primarily known for it's moe driven shows and having assumedly seen the prior season of K-On? That's like one of the last things to expect. Unless by "major serious plot" people would mean one of those awkwardly inserted "dramatic" scenes like with the cat and Tsumugi's part time job there in which case maybe.

Anyway so K-On made the most money out of all their stuff so far so a second season is kind of the least surprising news to come out of Japan in the last month or so. Controversial news, but not surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
More music and more musical animation would not be turned down. Especially more instrumental sequences... I'd like to actually *see* Azusa go off on a guitar improv, for example.

Sign of the times I suspect -- even "safe" material like K-on is only lit for one cour at a time (whereas L*S was initially lit for two cours). At least there's safely enough material for the second season.
Yeah, and also it doesn't help that I find 1 cour anime incredibly hard to get into because I know that even if I eventually do end up getting interested in the premise it'll usually be at the point when the season is about to end. For that reason I've learned not to expect to much out of 13 episodes burst series/seasons.

More musical instrument scenes means less time for moeblobbing around and Azu-nyan/Mio cosplay and I don't know if K-On would have been as successful with the otaku market had they not devoted the maximum amount of time to those sorts of things. Thus I can't say whether it's reasonable or not to expect more instrument and music related scenes instead of a second season filled with more tea and cake and established moe scenario (beach/shopping/festival etc.) time. Can't help but feel that the latter would probably mean a greater potential profit in the Japanese market. Yes sadly (or perhaps realistically) I've learned to base my expectations for a large chunk of anime off of how much money I think a desired course would yield from the otaku market versus the current safe, tried and true way with moe.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-12-31 at 15:46.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote