View Single Post
Old 2012-09-29, 21:29   Link #7928
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It isn't brutal if you have an organised group and got ahead of the pack/roadblock/ganksquads. How it went for me:

85-86 - 2 hrs. Do Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery over and over.
86-87 - 3 hrs. Do Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery over and over.
87-88 - 4 hrs. Do Shado-Pan Monastery and Mogu'shan Palace once each. Quest in Kun-Lai Summit.
88-89 - 5 hrs. Finish Kun-Lai Summit, quest in Townlong Steppes.
89-90 - 6 hrs. Finish Townlong Steppes, quest in Dread Wastes. (Would have been faster if the rest of my group didn't fold at 89. Had to pick up one person to guts it out with.)

The major lot of ganksquads and time wasters were a few hours behind. If you leapt ahead early aka avoided Jade Forest, Four Winds and Krasarang, went into instances until 87 then went questing, you got ahead and not many would be in the mood for ganking or griefing since they were going for server firsts.

That way I kept ahead of the pack, but I also had Klaxxi rep into Honored once I was 90, had unlocked the Vale of Eternal Blossoms gate and picked up gear to jump straight into Heroics.

As of now, I only need two more items to be ready to do LFR next week (and would have if healers didn't roll on everything...). Got all the Tillers farmers reps to Exalted two nights ago from a few hours work (love Dark Soil!). Tillers themselves at Honored, Cloud Serpents will be Reverred tonight (can't find Obsidian Eggs, that one is heavily contested). Did Lorewalkers to Exalted in half an hour last night. Getting 600 Enchanting and Tailoring was darn easy, just racking up mats for when I can unlock the major Tailoring and Enchanting perks and start hawking them. Dailies I can knock off in one hour with the group of four I roll with for them. Will do Archaeology once my ilvl is ready for LFR (aka 463). Done some of the 'pokemon-ish' Battle Pets stuff while waiting in queues - caught 3 rares early on. Ones I'm focusing on levelling at the moment are Magical Crawdad, Red Cricket and Widow Spiderling. All have different healing moves and good attack. Sustain definitely seems to be a good tactic to levelling and winning.

Not sure if I want to get an alt to 90 yet. Not looking forward to doing it alone.