View Single Post
Old 2011-09-29, 22:09   Link #4214
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Not trolling, but this post sounds seriously butthurt. It looks to me like you're projecting a whole lot of emotions onto Zen which have no relation to his actual character. How has Medaka let Zen down through the treasure hunt exactly?

I don't think Medaka's displeasure with Zen had anything to do with him being a normal. In this treasure hunt trial, the people Zen lost to were 5 other normals. Why? Because Zenkichi was determined to win completely by himself. Meanwhile, what did the entire rest of the group do? It's not like all or even most of them have greater skills than Zen on an individual level. However, by working together, they all managed to get to the top, and establish a comraderie between them at that (this even appears to have been Medaka's original intention). Even if Zen had not wanted to depend on 'enemies' or 'juniors', it was a huge stretch to refuse to work with even Akune. What does Zenkichi's belief/insistence that he can defeat everybody through solely his own effort mean? Surely this time it was Zenkichi who can be said to have been looking down on others.
First...butthurt....odd word.

Second, admittedly yeah, maybe I'm getting a bit overly passionate about this.

You know Zen, straight laced, doesn't cheat, tries hard to succeed on his own. He has an Abnormality that, when used, basically erases all his effort. Add that to the fact that there are five Normals, that basically represent what he used to be. He's still trying to prove he doesn't need to be better to win.

Zenkichi is changing. Before Parasite Seeing, he probably would've joined them. But now that he has a power, I think he's kind of bent on proving that he can succeed without it and without anything else, just himself.

I don't know, Maybe Zenkichi is in the wrong for snapping at Medaka and being too stubborn to join the group. But can you blame him, surrounded by people who are better than him, why wouldn't he want to do something on his own. What's wrong with wanting to succeed by yourself?

Then again, maybe Medaka is in the wrong for making Zenkichi participate and then expecting him to go against his nature. If she really knew him as well as she likes to think she does, wouldn't she realize that he wasn't smart enough to solve the cryptogram, and would be too stubborn to use his power or join a group?

Something tells me this is what Ajimu wanted from the beginning. To turn Zenkichi against Medaka.

Giving him Parasite Seeing to begin to twist his worldview

Surrounding Medaka with Normals.

Starting a Domino effect that could end their "so-called" friendship

The question is why?

If Medaka is the "Main Character", and "Can't lose no matter the situation", What would breaking her bond with Zenkichi accomplish?

What reason could Ajimu possibly have to want to split them up?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote