View Single Post
Old 2012-01-28, 23:28   Link #27370
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Also, random question is random, but I was wondering if there were some specific survivor groups people would've liked to see play out in a Game. I can't help thinking what a Natsuhi / Rosa / Kyrie power struggle would have look like, lately.
I'd like to see a game where all the kids die off first and the adults, primarily ones that haven't gotten a lot of focus, like Hideyoshi, survive to the end.

Quote:
Uncomfortable? He thought his relatives were being killed over and over! Have you ever tried the pain of losing someone you love? If this is just uncomfortable for you...
... it's too bad it wasn't just 'uncomfortable' for me.
Sure, it's very acceptable if Beato had the important reason of having herself being understood making him believe the people he loved were being killed. After all it was only 'uncomfortable' for Battler.
Will you chill the fuck out? Renall wasn't making light of Battler's suffering or using "uncomfortable" in a passive, minor sense. Renall just speaks in a reserved, held-back tone and vocabulary out of habit from his line of work.

Quote:
Battler had a reason. He needed his game to be played. Why is it acceptable for you that Beato tricks Battler because she wants to be understood but not that Battler tricks Erika because he wants to show to Beato he understood her?
What about during EP5, when Battler had nothing to gain? And since he's making Erika give it up anyway as part of his scheme, why lie to her about how her Authority functions? You don't understand what Renall and I are complaining about; it has nothing to do with Battler's Logic Error or anything of the sort.

Quote:
Sure, let's tell the one who declared herself an intellectual rapist the truth... Truth which I doubt Battler knew in EP 5 as he realized only at the end how the narrative might have been subjective and that Beato couldn't surely tell her as her meta part was reduced to a doll and her piece part was fighting for her life against Erika.
Surely Erika wouldn't use the info to get the victory her master wants which is this by the way:
Battler knew how subjective scenes worked in the Game since near the beginning of Episode Three. He had a whole talk about it with Virgilia.

On top of that, Battler is supposed to be the good guy. Even if Erika is going to use that information to do something Battler doesn't like, wouldn't he rather she have a fair chance? What's the point in beating her if she's handicapped? How is that respectful to her whatsoever?

And EP8 certainly shows us that Battler respects her as an opponent, so what gives? Ontop of that, why is Bernkastel tolerating Erika having a handicap? She seems to know the game pretty damn well, so why is she tolerating Erika being kept from doing her job to the best of her ability? Especially after she went through all the work of minmaxing her into a god mode sue?

Quote:
Erika's a piece who can't disobey her master's order but she'll make a miracle just this time.

Oh no, let's tell her the truth in EP 6.
Battler will lose the game but since he's playing it with a meaningless goal why should he care?

Sorry, I really can't agree with you.
Again, you do not understand what other people are actually talking about.

Not that it matters, because BATTLER winning or losing is entirely irrelevant. Battler's goal in EP6 is to demonstrate that he understands Beatrice's game. As long as he does that, victory or loss is completely meaningless; it's just a demonstration of his knowledge.

And with that being the case, Erika is his witness to this truth. WHY is she being handicapped in a way that damages her ability to evaluate Battler's wisdom, and why is he putting up with it?

Quote:
First, because I find that's morally wrong to put someone else under mind torture for personal reasons. Beato isn't more excusable than Battler.
You're right. Battler isn't mind-torturing Erika, however, UNLESS HE'S LYING TO HER ABOUT HER POWERS ALONG WITH BERN AND LAMBDA.

Beato is implied to be forced into doing what she does by Lambda, and even then a person can still be sympathetic even if they're not morally right.

Quote:
Second, because you're basically saying that if Battler wanted to do the moral thing he should have basically let Erika win, making pointless to start the game in the first place and let fall apart the illusion of the witch Battler is trying to protect.
If you were in his shoes would you really sacrifice Beato to save Erika?
No one is saying this. Not a single person in this thread. Maybe you should go back and re-read the conversation, because you're kind of making yourself look silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Christ, I know that. I'm asking who lied to Erika and when. Give an example of someone overtly lying to her about the rules, or at best it's just a "lie by omission", which according to you does not count.
Um...? Why should I? You were the one who first suggested it, not me.

Quote:
And I know this too. Read the statement I was replying to instead of straw-manning me.
I'm not straw-manning you. The thing is, there is a clear difference between what Renall is complaining about (the hypothetical lying during the Parlor scene) and Battler's Logic Error, in that they really have nothing in common. You're equivocating them wherein no equivocation exists. You're making a logical fallacy.