View Single Post
Old 2008-01-18, 05:39   Link #508
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Let's start with: Had she imagined a rifle, would a rifle even have come out? Even in Ep1, it is clear that what came out is not exactly what was imagined
A pink staf, with a red orb held by a yellow cresent... nope, pretty much how she imagined it.

Quote:
- unless you believe Nanoha imagined a staff that would vent steam and have cylinders! When one aggregates the data in the whole show, it is likely that there are limits in the range of adaptation. Probably Shooting and Buster were RH's best emulations of a rifle.
This does nothing to argue the point that had she imagined a rifle, none of Raising Heart's functions would be any different.

Quote:
(OF course, the real issue is because they suddenly altered the show's course around Ep6/7ish, but SoD, SoD, SoD!
SoD?

Quote:
I think your heart knows which is better. That's why you are fantasizing.
I'm the kind of guy who goes for versatality over focus. Guns aren't made to focus huge beams for prolonged periods of time or handle one in melee or shoot in several directions at once, rifles even less so. Guns are the optimum weapon for burst ranged warfare, yes. But Nanoha is more then just point and shoot.

Quote:
It won't feel much like a gentle nudge when you think you've aimed it, and then the thing moves.
*sigh* once again, you know the device will correct it. You know it will be coming. You are fully prepared for it, so you don't aim you point.

Quote:
By the way, Mach Caliber at least had a spell recorded that can be used to actually move (really it is a jerk) itself (and coincidentally its Master). What does RH use.
She does? Really? What's it called?

Quote:
Frankly, I must say that I don't understand your love for mechanical stabilization over electronic. At least the latter is only unproven.
Personally I'd actually prefer to correct the course of my projectiles after I shoot. That way I don't need to bother with aiming my weapon at all, I just point, shoot and adjust the course where needed.

Quote:
The corrolary is that it must use a process that does not require megatons of energy. Which rules out M-E conversion.
Okay, lets re-capture. We have the devices in sealed mode, yes? Then they activate, during which they become all sparkly and energy like, grow in size and become solid, yes? If that isn't magical energy becoming solid material (energy becomming matter), then what the hell is it?

Quote:
Teleportation variant.
Good, good, and what happens when you teleport?

Quote:
Elites? Elite (single) is more like it. Fate and Hayate have different CONOPS. What should be in Team B, however, are all those normal mages we saw. You know, those who run even before the first shot is fired at them. Or those who were wiped out in the sky by 3 and 7. Or those who were shooting at drones from 10m and not getting noticeable hits. Now, that really puts things in perspective, no?
I don't see a reason not to include Fate and Hayate. Hell, Vita and Signum have ranged capabillities, and all of them don't use any form of rifle... despite that rifles are superior weapons according to you. Strange, no?

Quote:
UPDATE: Oh yeah, and said elite managed to blow 8% of her magic power in the fight. Team A got away scot-free. Hmm...
But not before almost killing comrades/civilians and going through emo-phases. Hmm.

Quote:
Or a simulation of such. The latter does not require energies we've never seen the mages themselves harness.
Which still means magical energy becomming a physical object.

Quote:
I'm sure the man in Erio's scene was not thinking about it in terms of how close he was to the original Erio.
Uhm... yes he was? He was trying to drag him away from his familly after all.

Quote:
Scarlietti was just being a prick to the end.
Still does not discount the fact that he was ranting about the power in Project F.

Quote:
Come to think of it, even if I accept that Fate's magical power was somehow boosted, what does this have to do with her intelligence. Neither Vivio or Erio looked real bright.
Erio is a nine-year old who grasps ancient fighting styles and attacks at speeds that even amaze Signum. Vivio is a six year old and already studies magic and flight manouvres.