Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-17, 09:08   Link #2603
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, the lighthouse is of some use. Controlling marine traffic is not insignificant last time I checked.
Compared to the Spratly Islands dispute by Philippines, Vietnam and China, Pedra Branca is something which the severely retarded would fight over. The Spratly has gas, fishing grounds and corals, with proper reclaimation methods it can be a money churner. PB has NOTHING other than a lighthouse. Besides there are plenty of nav beacons around the rocks so the lighthouse is pretty much for a show only.

Besides it came along with the 3-sen water issue, so it is more of a face fight* rather than anything else.

1 month of social studies lessons wasted on that. I am glad I skipped most of those classes rather than listen to some propaganda (Most of the views given to the teachers are seriously lopsided but well phrased to influence the students. If the neighbour is distributing propaganda brochures, do we have to sink to their level in our schools?).

* - The politically correct word should be "sovereignty", but I don't really give a damn.

P.S I am not an opposer to that red dot's rules and regulations, and neither am I a wholesome supporter, but they certainly deserve the vehement criticism for wasting time, effort and resources on something so pointless, just like any other country which does the same.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.