Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 16:33   Link #2012
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
To be fair, I don't think Yuno3 was interested in Yukki3, since she never killed her parents and therefore met/fell in love with him.
The butterfly effect led to a positive outcome for most of the alternate characters, even making it so Yuki's dad wasn't a debt-ridden ass (lol). I don't see why Esuno couldn't have written it so the new Yuno and Yuki could have met and fell in love through regular circumstances instead of rather screwed up ones that didn't include murder, child abuse, or divorce.

That is my preferred happy ending though, compared to the real one. Realistically I would have been all for Yuki ending up with someone else and showing that sometimes, even though I like that pairing, couples like that will only ever meet in those screwed up situations. I wouldn't mind a happy ending either if it didn't feel as forced as the way Esuno wrote it. And I sure hope he doesn't pull that crap again in Big Order.

Quote:
I'm not really sure that he actually cared about that world anyway, since everyone he knew was dead anyway, and he was content to die with Yuno.
That's the problem I have with it. If they didn't care if that world collapsed or not, then no one needed to die or win the game and they all could have just stayed in the peaceful Third World.

At least do something with the Second World so that the things that transpired in the series actually seemed worth it.

Quote:
I agree that that's weird, but I guess you could take into account that Yukki3 wouldn't have Yukki2 or Yukki1's memories, yet Yuno3 has Yuno1's memories. I'm not sure how much "soul" matters in this story, if it's a thing in it I mean, or if they just count "memories" as the person instead.. Either way, it is weird, but there are some differences.
That creates a lot of holes though. If implanting memories of a previous god into a person is enough to warrant making them the new god, why didn't Deus just "create' a new body for himself and tell Murumuru to implant his memories into it? If memories are all that's needed to keep someone alive, that would have solved Deus's death situation. It seemed like the soul really did matter in the story.

Of course, I'm just mainly bothered by how much of cheap resurrection it is and how it seemed like Yuki had his last few pages of happiness served onto a silver platter, while his friends who tried their best to help him ended up being killed by him. And after he had a chance to redeem himself by stopping the world-hopping and saving the Second World where they all used to live in... he just puts it to no good use and abandons it, putting Yuno's suicide in vain.

Quote:
Aside from what I already said, Yuno1 wanted to kill Yukki2 to move on to Yukki3, whereas Yuno1 was already dead before Yuno3 came to Yukki2. And he spent 10000 years alone with Murmur, just staring at that text, so frankly, he'd probably be okay with anything (er.. not just anything, but I mean any sort of Yuno, real, fake, copied, memory-less, whatever) at that point.
I actually do agree with this, and it's one of the reasons why I feel that it's a bit of a downer ending... and why I feel that it isn't the type of happy ending people truly want.

Quoting myself in my blog post, "I guess the killing of all the Yunos was the only thing that bothered him… the more Yunos, the better, I guess?" lol

I do know that Minene really is using the Third World Nishijima as a replacement goldfish though. lol

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...

Last edited by Suzumiya Haruhi; 2012-04-24 at 16:47.
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote