Thread: Licensed Shokugeki no Soma [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-30, 00:12   Link #491
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
The test was never designed with a 100% pass rate and it's not fair to people who are slow because they couldn't get the ingredients, I agree. The bad cauliflower was thrown in there to ensure some people would fail because they were not fast enough to get one of the limited number of good ones and Shinomiya probably does take great enjoyment in failing people.

On the other hand as a consumer I've been in restaurants that you can't be sure on any given night if the food will be great, mediocre, or bad. I've also been to places that take a long time to cook my food and it has negatively impacted my opinion of those restaurants. I as a consumer can see the importance of consistency and speed in a chef which this test evaluates.

Kind of why she failed, specifically the "waited at your restaraunt a long time", I've known people who will leave a restaurant if the wait is too long. The test was partially evaluating speed given slow students would be stuck with bad cauliflower.
You keep saying how Megumi is slow. This makes no sense. Do people not realize that she still made her meal in the same amount of time allowed?

A consumer waiting too long for their meal would not apply in this case. She didn't take any extra time to make her meal. The only issue is that she was literally pushed and wrestled out the way when she was trying to get her own ingredients, not just the cauliflower. Considering she had to fight her way to each ingredient, this has nothing to do with being "slow", and it certainly doesn't prove that she was passive either.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote