View Single Post
Old 2007-04-22, 16:30   Link #415
Outlaender

In the strikers manga, when Nanoha does the info-dump on AMF for Rein II, she mentions that an AMF can be overpowered with a powerful enough magical attack,
but since AMF is apparently a rare thing to encounter, most mages would be initially at a loss to deal with the situation, and be defeated. It's not _impossible_ to use magic even inside the AMF, just _quite_ difficult to focus and control it. A recent translation of ep 3 reveals that the drones are in fact, quite low level in capability, in order to let the rookies get a feel for how to handle them. That was just the first session- they were training all day, and into the night. AMF's are a field, not a wall, so if you ascribe a kind of magical "inertia" and "momentum" to a combat spell shot, in the time the AMF disrupts the outer barrier, the inner strike gets through to the drone. The fact that the Variable (Fireball) Shot hesitated before striking through, can be attributed to a barrier placed outside of the AMF effect, as the drone AI recognizes the danger.

My opinion, and interpretation, of course. Your Mileage May Vary.

Oh, I don't know if this has gotten around- Hayate's ice attack has been translated as "Atem des Eises" (breath of ice) by a german group, not "Boden Eis" (ground frost/ice), and I would agree with the interpretation.

Alle Angaben ohne Gewär. ^_^
Outlaender is offline   Reply With Quote