View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 11:30   Link #251
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

@Hesse: Firstly, thank you for sharing that with us: I notice you've just joined, I'm not sure how many people would just to do so! I think you forgot the first "i" in her name, but don't worry lots of people do and I'm sure we can overlook it because the picture itself is wonderful!

Can't fault it technically... the choice of tones is nice, the balance of soft shading and crisp lines works very well, the facial expression and pose are simple and so retain the elegance I associate with Kairin. Although the rocks and underwater feel a little flat, your attention to detail is very high where it matters most (I particularly like the wood panelling, even up close it retains the right feeling) so the general quality of the image shines as a result.

I hope this won't be a one off... I've seen some of your other work, so I'm pretty sure you could turn out more quality pieces... given the right incentive.

Edit: In fact, when I say "incentive", that is actually an open hint to anyone who submits Kairin pictures that I really like: if you can demonstrate skill I would be interested in to commissioned pieces... should the artist be so inclined/prepared.

Last edited by NightWish; 2007-06-02 at 14:32.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote