View Single Post
Old 2007-11-17, 05:18   Link #24
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Playing on, there are even more nods to old Mario games than I thought there would have been. It's like an extra level of enjoyment for those that remember those games (or who don't, but played the GBA remakes). For example, in a couple of the levels, the boss is a large Magikoopa who when defeated will toss its scepter into the air before the star is released (SMB3). To complete the image, both times when you fight this boss, you're on a ship.

Now that I've gotten a good way into the game (90/121 stars), I think it's safe to say that Galaxy is overall easier than Sunshine was, though the past few stages have been picking up in difficulty, some had me annoyed, and the 3 hits and you're gone thing can lead to some horribly cheap ends to a level. There's also the comet challenges, which, depending on the level, will add a new objective to the galaxy. Speed runs, sped up enemies, races, and my favorite - Daredevil Runs. It pits you against a boss of that level but allows you only one hit before you're gone. On some this is rather simple, but others make it a pain in your neck (Bouldergeist! ><)

One of the big things that I continue to love in the game is the music. There are a lot of old remixes, but some of the original music for the levels is fantastic. My personal favorite at the moment is the Bowser battle theme, which kicks into a choir when you score a hit. I've also found myself whistling the tune from the Fire/Ice Flower power-up. Catchy.

I know by this time I'm probably only preaching to the choir, but I kind of just need a chance to go "omg omg omg!", since few others around here and on other boards I frequent own a copy.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote