View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 08:00   Link #265
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
I took the opposite route. I'm proud to be as old as I am and, like you, still open to new experiences, so I posted my age from the outset.
I had it up for about ten minutes before I recalled previous assumptions and hassles that some other immature board caused me and I didn't want to chance a repeat here, since I like AS so much and it's proved invaluable to me in increasing my knowledge. It pisses me off to read "act your age!" and "be more professional" and other bullsh!t spouted by know-nothings

But yeah, I'm proud of my age as well (or maybe more proud that I've survived this long ). I guess it's all in one's attitude; nearly everyone I've met or worked with are somewhat incredulous when I tell them how old I am

To paraphrase Cheech's Chong, "I'm not into time, man..."

I got into anime in a roundabout way. My first opportunities arose when Frank Miller was doing Ronin, mentioning that Manga and Anime were among his influences for it. Out of curiosity I picked up Barefoot Gen, but at the time it didn't do anything for me. Plus, there was a glut of B+W comics on the market and I just wasn't interested in "another."

I now own Barefoot Gen

But my recent foray into it (for good) came about via hentai games, proceeded to PVC figures, and then... in early May last year I discovered Elfen Lied This was like none of the "common" fare broadcast here in the States. At all. I've been a maniac ever since LOL Complete. Maniac. In fact, I consider it the second-most significant Event in my entire life, since I love good, quality storytelling

Indescribably delicious!

Anyway, I tend to spew vast quantities of words so I'll let it go at that

Quote:
So, welcome aboard, Ahasuerus, and enjoy the ride.
Thanks a lot for that; I am In fact, I spent all of the last two nights up until *checks watch* 6AM watching Black Lagoon Now THAT is a ride!

Cheers