View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 11:35   Link #18699
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
It could also be that the money the level 5 receive periodically is a very healthy amount, they all seem rich kids after all... Misaki, Mugino and Fridge-kun appear to be big expenders while Mikoto lives quite comfortably.

Gunha is probably an exception, but he could very well have donated his share, why would he need money anyway? he lives on GUTS alone.
In Academy City student receive a fee for going to classes and coursing through the curriculum. The "side effect" is that how good the classes are is the money they get in exchange.

For the Accelerator, "going to classes" meant experiments; and being the best test subject in the City meant that he partake in a lot of experiments, getting fees for most of them (I assume). Even if he only got fees for the level 6 shift, and even if we assume that his salary is "just as good" as any other student, he got paid the equivalent of nearly 10.000 times and he didn't even touched the money once, so from a student point of view he has quite a fortune (Even Touma would be rich if he saved 10k times his current meager monthly salary ). Also, being the best student, Accelerator probably got be best fee out of the City.

In the case of Gunha, the school that he goes to right now seems pretty normal, so I doubt that he gets particularly highs fee. Even if he got paid highly on his time in the Dark Side of Academy City I doubt that he has too much money unless he saved every cent and dime that came with it.

Mikoto's fee isn't low but can't be that great, I mean, she wouldn't resort to tachiyomi otherwise (the thing were she reads manga without paying). Well, besides manga she pretty much buys everything she wants and lives a healthy life in Kuroko's arms So it's not like she has too little money.