View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 12:01   Link #31181
qno2

That thought actually makes Maria's plea for help in the letter that the fisherman found a lot more fitting, considering the end of Turn. At least there's a direct link as opposed to whatever magical story Yasu might've imagined for the survivors at the end of Legend (setting aside the "getting blown to pieces"-part).

Of course there's no telling how much the story was padded outside the message bottle, but having a "please find out the truth, that is my only wish" from Maria right after her laughing contest with Beatrice at the finale of EP1 always seemed like quite the incongruency, as if Yasu didn't even care how unbelievable it'd be for Maria - the way she has been portrayed all throughout EP1 - to say this. So associating Maria's plea with Turn instead actually fits a whole lot better, at least in my opinion.

And although EP1's epilogue claims that "the children were thought to have survived up to the end", which wouldn't fit to Turn, it can still be explain with the police's knowledge of Legend: if anyone would have to choose which of those two is more believable I think we can all agree that Legend would be picked. However that does raise the question (that you folks discussed exhaustively already I think) of what the message bottles even contain - just a general draft of the events, all the "normal" scenes or "normal" + "magic" scenes? Of course the meta-layer wouldn't be part of them.
qno2 is offline   Reply With Quote