View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 11:29   Link #6694
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Agree on Fate but only a little. You see I did enjoy Nanoha and Fate’s interaction more than Jail being just showing his face as an evil villain that nobody, but Fate, really get to actually dislike. In no point Nanoha and Jail talk, exchange any attack or be in the same scene at the same time. And when the main villain and the main heroine don’t even share a moment is not what I call good antagonism. Jail was just there and he never shows up anything but an annoying self. Most of the times his plans get to large steps because the rest of the characters were too busy doing other things or just ignore him at all, as I just said. He did have 12 backups but he didn’t make sure they were all away from him. He put 3 on Teana, 2 with himself and the rest? Why he didn’t just put a hidden clone of himself in a far away base and not in his already know cyborgs, I mean if the good guys didn’t even know about him this might actually work. Again “talk-too-much-villain” one of the most old and overuse clichés of villainy.

The Hückebein… maybe they can be a little competent but they suffer from having such characters as Arnage and Stella. A cute little girl with no signs of malice and a glutton that just eat away anything isn’t really what I call good villains. And I still consider they could just kill SD6 and take Thoma. Hey in fact Veyron leaving Thoma with Isis the first time was really not a good idea. Again plot convenience and yes, I know what you could bring up, but keep in mind this: they have the most precious treasure nearby, I think is worth taking some risks here. So they don’t even show good fighting because they are absurdly overpowering the main characters, just look at Cypha. So is not fair when you can just go down and walk trough anything the launch at you out of simple “because I can”. I mean, yes, sometimes a villain like that is good, but if you have an entire army of villains like that it becomes pointless to even try. And Cypha is far too powerful, how is anyone going to ever beat her up… oh, wait, later on Signum does it… ups.

So to me the Hucks aren’t that good villains or characters either. I mean they are kind of ok, but in the end I think they do lack a better motivation and terrible comic relief moments from all of them but DeVille and Veyron.