View Single Post
Old 2011-01-18, 13:37   Link #358
emmanuel809

After re-reading the mangas recently, I thought up a new theory for the Mystery that is Madara / Tobi.

PLEASE NOTE: I will reference previous manga chapters, if you are not caught up to Chpt 523, do not read.

I do not know if this theory was ever thought of, but I don’t think it has (If it has I want to give props to whoever though of this before I have! =) ).

Please feel free to add on to the speculations here as I would love to see what you all think about this. (If it is possible, explain why or why not, etc).

For one let’s look at what we know about Tobi:
- Tobi is the real leader of Akatsuki.
- Tobi said he was “Uchiha Madara”.
- Tobi has collected A LOT of Sharingans.
- Tobi claims to have given Negato (Pain) the Rinnegan.
- Tobi has both the Uchiha techniques AND the Senju.
- Tobi has lots of knowledge about the history of the Ninja World.
- Tobi attacked the village 16 years ago using the Demon Fox.

With everything we have seen about Tobi, it seems perfectly reasonable to assume he is Madara but I am not so sure.

The first clue that is given to us by the author is the simple fact he wears a mask. If everyone knows what Madara looks like, it’s a little strange that Tobi tells everyone he is Madara but doesn’t show his face. This suggests the one of the following possibilities:
1) He is lying about being Madara.
2) He is Madara but we have already met this person under a different name.

In either case, he has very good knowledge of Uchiha Madara life that would suggest he was very close to him (Maybe a relative, close friend). He also seems to have conserved the hatred of both the Uchiha and Senju which also suggests that Tobi was close to Madara, if he isn’t himself Madara.

Whether he is, or isn’t, Uchiha Madara, I believe Tobi wears a mask because we have already met this person under a different name. There have been many theories about this (ex: Tobi is Obito or Danzo) and all have been discredited.

Danzo was killed by Sasuke and we clearly saw Tobi and Danzo staring at each other during that battle.

Tobi lost his eye and gave it to Kakashi, but during the fight with Tobi and Konan, we saw Madara’s both eyes AND he even used Izanagi. Unless Obito is being possessed by the ghost of Madara, he is also too young to be Madara. Don’t forget Madara battled with the first Hockage to get his cells to enable him to have both the Uchiha and Senju techniques, which Tobi clearly has in order to be able to use Izanagi.
Spoiler:

(chapter 510 pg 12)

We will put other theories aside for a moment, as this post purpose is more about suggesting another person as being Tobi (and possibly Madara / Son of Madara) which I didn’t think was plausible until just recently.

In chapter 500 and 501, we are brought back in time 16 years to see Naruto’s birth and how Tobi / Madara unleashed the Nine Tails on the Leaf village. As I was reading this the first time, I was very excited to see what happened when Naruto was born (and find out just how much of a kick ass Minato is)! In my haste to read what happened I seemed to have overlooked certain events that were shown in those chapters.

The first is that Tobi / Madara killed off ALL the Anbu guards guarding Minato and his wife while she was giving birth to Naruto. He then entered through the barrier guarding them very easily. This seems farfetched but tolerable as we all assume Madara is extremely powerful, but the Anbu guards didn’t even get a chance to call for help? Unless he killed them all at once it’s kinda hard to imagine Madara taking out all of them so fast, without anyone else noticing. I suggest Tobi / Madara is someone from WITHIN the leaf. Someone the Anbu guards wouldn’t expect would attack them and someone with enough knowledge to enter the barrier undetected.
Spoiler:

(chapter 501 pg 02)

So we are looking for an Uchiha, someone very well respected and powerful, that would also have the knowledge about security measures put in place to protect the 4th Hockage.

Here is another clue: Someone is missing from the village that day.
Spoiler:

(chapter 502 pg 02)

Yes that’s right. Fugaku Uchiha: The leader of the Uchiha clan, the leader of the Police force, and the father of the 2 LAST remaining Uchihas.
Here are some facts to cooberate my theory:

1) Fugaku Uchiha, Leader of the Uchiha, is the Mastermind behind the plan to “Take over” the leaf. This plan, with the attack on the leaf 16 years ago by the Nine Tails, is what triggered the Mission given to Itachi to destroy the Uchiha. Makes sense Fugaku organised his “coup d’etat” knowing full well the Leaf would have to take action.
Spoiler:

2) Sasuke and Itachi both unlocked the Mangekyou Sharingan, Ameterasu, and Susano. Very rare indeed. It would make sense they are the children (or great-grandchildren) of the great Madara.

3) The author’s style of righting the story makes it plausible that Madara is Sasuke’s father since Naruto’s father is Minato. Both would be children of heroes and would make this story even more legendary in the Naruto universe.

4) We all saw Fugaku’s dead body in Sasuke’s recal when Itachi killed his whole clan. Don’t forget about Zetsu; who has the ability to make perfect duplicate bodies!

5) Fugaku is the leader of the Police force. He could have taken all the Anbu guards guarding Minato and his wife by surprise 16 years ago AND has enough knowledge about the security to get through the barrier undetected.

6) Fugaku is presumed dead and he needs people to continue thinking so, hence why he wears a mask.

7) We know nothing about Fugaku’s past.

8) Where was he 16 years ago when the Fox attacked?

I believe that Tobi is Fugaku.
Is he Madara? Is he Madara’s son? Those are the next questions I hope might get answered as time goes by, but for now, it seems logical to assume ONE thing with relative certainty:

1 – We, the readers, have already met Tobi under a different name. There is no other reason why he would wear a Mask and why the writer, Masashi Kishimoto, makes seeing Tobi’s face such a big deal.

Unless of course he's just trying to screw with our minds... Which is totally working for me anyways lol..
emmanuel809 is offline   Reply With Quote