View Single Post
Old 2007-12-19, 23:32   Link #55
Ugari-Pizza
Old Fart

There are rude people in every community. Believe me these problems aren't unique to the fansub community (I should know I deal with this stuff every day ).

In short there were assholes back in the "good old days" and there are assholes now, and there will be assholes when today is considered the "good old days".

The problem is people, they're demanding, spiteful, annoying, and down right rude. On the other hand they're thankful, understanding, patience, and for the most part good people. You just have to take the good with the bad and accept that every now and again someone is going to come a long that pisses you off.

Quote:
but I really think you're either seeing it through the rose-colored glasses of hindsight, or you're just being bitter about the current state of affairs.
Probably a little bit of the first one but none of the second one I assure you. I am very thankful to the current (and past) fansub groups and the fact that they release their stuff via bittorrent meaning I can grab it quickly and at my leisure. I can't remember the last time I had to get something from IRC...it has been years.

I also enjoy coming to this forum and lurking around from time to time, in my attempt to stay up to date (can you tell I'm behind the times by years?).

But at the same time I'd love to go back to around 2000 or so...and talk to all the long lost contacts. Maybe pick up some of the stuff I missed (which is almost impossible to find now-a-days).

I'm not trying to come off as elitist...I'm just a guy that enjoyed the scene back then and enjoys talking about it today.
Ugari-Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote