View Single Post
Old 2012-11-05, 14:52   Link #1549
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

No. It's not "is and isn't", it just isn't. Simple as that.
^ this

Official is official, meaning it's either officially a Gundam or unofficially a Gundam.
Now whether or not a person wishes to identify a mobile suit as a Gundam is up to them because as stated before, Gundam is merely a name. However if it doesn't officially contain "Gundam" or ガンダム in its name, then it isn't officially a Gundam. (emphasis on official)

IMHO, the anime and then gunpla models have higher canon than video games. (Although as pointed out before, Delta Plus does not contain ガンダム in its name in games either.)

Now, it may not be officially a Gundam but you can always consider it in your heart a Gundam.

I motion to close this argument. It's been solved already and the vast majority, probably all but one, has agreed on what defines an official Gundam but we also agree that individuals can determine their own unofficial Gundams.

Good. Let's stop the aggravation in here and move on.

/debate

(On a sidenote, it seems like I keep on seeing Destined Fate saying something which people disprove with facts. Then Destined Fate rejects said facts, refuses to provide his/her own evidence and refuses to "quit", causing the entire thread to devolve into everybody attacking Destined Fate. Maybe next time, we should stop after providing all the facts and ignore Destined Fate if he/she repeats the same process. It would make everybody's lives easier and happier. Gundam isn't about arguing. )

And remember what Char said "Nobody likes to admit their mistakes due to their own youth but I guess this time I simply have no choice. "

Last edited by zeroexia; 2012-11-05 at 15:10.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote