View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 09:06   Link #755
Zantetsuken68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
on the subject of morals i don't see a problem with people complaining let them complain who does it hurt. but seriously there are no pedophiles in this book, I have only seen 3 males, 1 wants to be her father, 1 wants to raise her to replace his lost love and love and one of them is in love with shirai sensei (seems that way anyway). That having been said the material is gonna offend people who don't bother to read it in the way some people turn the channel just because they see someone black or because they hear country music (i doubt those last two groups are the same) as for encouraging pedophiles i doubt this would encourage them anymore than sticking a bible in thier hands and sending them to church would discourage them.
The bottom line is this is a good series with a deeper story about Aoki becoming a teacher and dealing with some extraordinary circumstances. All three of the little girls are damaged in some way, and while many think the story is about the relationship between aoki and rin, that is just one facet. the story is really all about aoki, rin is a just a piece of the setting.

(as a side note i am one of the more "moralistic" people i know and i don't find this series offensive at all)

Oh, I agree everybody has an opinion, and everybody certainly is entitled to one. And I certainly respect everyones opinion in this thread, even if may not always agree with certain view points. What annoys me is when someone has something they don't like, or they deem inappropriate, they try to take away everyone elses right to watch or read it. I have things I dislike, but I would never try to deny someone else's right to have it.

I would definitely like to read Kodomo no Jikan/Nymphet, just to see what it's like. From what I've read in this forum about the later chapters, it sounds like Reiji isn't playing with a full deck. In the anime, Reiji played Rin's guardian, and he had his dubious moments. But nothing like what I've been hearing about in the manga.

Hopefully, if it's not released in the U.S. officially, some fan might do a translation for it and post it online.
Zantetsuken68 is offline   Reply With Quote