Thread: Bleach Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-15, 23:05   Link #2417
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The only souls who can be purified and cleansed are those who've turned into hollows. In fact, Soul Society is where purified souls are supposed to reside. So in actuality SS is pretty much the closest thing to heaven in the Bleach universe--even though there's plenty of souls residing there that have to live & deal with extreme poverty and crime on a daily basis. But for a soul, it's typically the end of the road as there's no place better to go. I mean they're definitely not getting into the king's realm, right? lol

Hueco Mundo seems pretty awful for the vast majority of souls no matter how you look at it. But since it's not technically "hell", and since innocent, good people are sent their all the time, we can't call it as such unfortunately. Either way, most souls who end up there are destined to live a pretty harsh existence where a constant state of hunger perpetuates a cycle where only the strong and/or lucky can survive and live relatively peacefully. Those who don't measure up eventually have their souls devoured and wiped from existence by another hollow regardless of whether the soul deserved it or not. It's pretty sad. So its hard for me to consider hollows and hueco mundo to be a form of purgatory or limbo. Especially since only the lucky few seem to ever get purified and saved by a shingami. And in order for that to happen, a hollow typically has to find there way into the human realm or SS for their next meal.
if were talking about religion here, i would really consider Royal Palace as the Heaven. Joining the Soul king to his realm and having an eternal life with him are what religion teaching states BUT BECAUSE WERE NOT , i believe your right and i have nothing against your explanation.

Quote:
If a soul originally from Soul Society commits a crime, that falls within the shinigami's and central 46's jurisdiction. They're responsible for passing and carrying out punishment. And should a shinigami have to execute a soul in Soul Society, the soul will get destroyed. Hell won't come to claim it.
if you remember, we already talk about this one. Soul society rules and laws aren't that perfect and aren't that fitting in terms of Aizen's case. That;s why in Deicide arc they'll just come up with the punishment of imprisoning him for thousand years which seems to be nonsense and pointless because Aizen becomes immortal with his fused with the Hougyouku. If Aizen is a transcendental being now, then I think it would be more appropriate and right for someone transcendental too to pass the judgement against him And one more thing that I'm not sure right now is that "can we really consider what Aizen's have done as just a grave crime or crime?" -- killing the whole Central 46, manipulating the Gotei 13, escape from ss, reign in Hueco Mundo and planning to murder the Soul king -- IS THAT JUST A CRIME? C'mon, I think it's not! .............those are MORTAL SINS!............my bad in advance if I'm going to base my opinion with just what resources i have right now.....If i remember, Rukia said something like this in ep. 5 -- "A soul slayer can only washed away sins after death. For Hollows who commit mortal sins, the Gate of Hell will open.....".........try to replace the word Hollows with the word "soul" and i guess you'll get my point.

Quote:
I wouldn't expect you to know this since you admitted to not seeing the movie yet, but the only thing that keeps a resident of hell bound to the realm are spiritual chains. (I forget their proper name if they even had one.) Since these chains can be broken if a soul were to become strong enough (on par with Ichigo's perfect hollowfication form), sending Aizen down their with the hougyoku could result in something bad I suppose. Assuming the hougyoku gave him back vast amounts of power, not only would he be able to break free with ease, but he'd be able to free and form an entire legion composed of hell's residents. Or he might willingly chose to remain in captivity since being a "sinner" would technically grant him another form of immortality since its residents can get resurrected almost indefinitely if killed. With the aid of the hougyoku, and his own extreme cunning & intellect, he might even find a way to convince hell into granting him tons of extra power by merging with the Kushannard's. And these are only some of the many possibilities. Langus really wasn't kidding when he stated that there could be too many variables to consider. Having said that, I find it a lot fun to think about.
I always get the impression that movies aren't canon material, so whatever we see from the movie will never affect the original story, but it seems this Hell movie gives info's to some of Kubo's lack of explanation........ahh, I wish i could watch the movie right now but.......... (Sakura-chan, could you please lend me your Clow card of Time.) ........i really want to see the movie...

Ichimaru Gin
rei_ayanami17 is offline   Reply With Quote