View Single Post
Old 2010-08-11, 16:52   Link #28
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Gaming has gone down the drain since the X-Box came out. PS-2 used to have all the best games, and gamecube had quite a few marvelous titles when it first came out (Then preceded to sit there and rot)...

I really blame xbox for this downward spiral of a mess of FPS games. That's all that comes out these days. And while I do like to play things like COD4 MW, it is extremely annoying when that seems to be the only thing out there.

I guess you could also blame the PC gaming industry's recent failures on Blizzard destroying the market with their MMORPG monster known as WOW, but I think it is just an emphasis on the wrong type of games being developed.

And as everyone else has pretty much stated... Investors like to see what they know will work."

Gaming was better off as a niche hobby. Screw the casual gamers. The massive influx of FPS's, the abomination known as the Wii, the PS3's lack of creative games compared to its previous generations, and the XBOX can all be attributed to them ruining current gaming.
And of course, it's not true at all.

Firstly, I now it's incredible but there is not only FPS game in XBox 360. There are, for ecxample, many RPG (RoF, ToV, Fable, Alpha Protocol, FF13, So4, etc...). XBox 360 is a great console with great games.

The Wii is of course not an abomination but a great success and one of the most original console ever made. You have alos great and various game in it such as Nintendo's game (Mario, Zelda etc...) and game such as King Story, Rune Factory Frontier, Monster Hunter Tri, Endless Ocean, Dead Space Extinction etc...

Futhermore, we can say this generation is the best in term of creativity thanks to the Wiiware, XLA and PSN.

In conclsuion, what you're saying is totally false. It's a great era for video games and I can't wait for the new DS.