View Single Post
Old 2008-02-21, 18:39   Link #1015
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
But still, I can't see much in terms of Kira's possible character development... At least not enough to make him the main protagonist of such show. Same for Athrun Zala. Unless they make the "unthinkable" - they start to kill off important characters. But really, give me an example or some idea about them that may not sound cheap.

Personally, I'd not risk focusing all over again on KiraxLacusxAthrun. I'd just incvent the new story with them in the background. No old Gundams. Every single Gundam was destroyed because of peace treaty. Maybe only Akatsuki hidden deep under Orb. And then come the new ones. Two are enough for the beginning But it's just me.
Kira's fall from grace doesn't only have to apply to his martial ability. Would you be taken aback if he expressed impatience, anger, feelings in general? Fact is, Kira was disturbed and uneasy after what happened in Seed, when suddenly he was forced into action again by the attack in Desiny. After which he would wonder if they should or should not do something about the situation the world was facing.

If it weren't for Cagalli's nerfage and Dullidal's apparent obession with them, they probably wouldn't have done anything in Destiny, even after the attack.

That's why I think that if Kira is handed some actual responsiblities where he's not in a position to simply watch as the world passes him by, he'd be alright as a focus again. They could expand his character to beyond the "No killing" policy, and have him invested in something other than some hippy ideal.

Being in ZAFT would probably do him some good, although making him a high-ranking commander automatically doesn't really make sense given his experience and aptitudes. Athrun could pull off being a member of Faith, since he was already familiar with command structures, tactics, and organization, and he had the good sense to not second guess the people he was working with.

Kira by comparison was simply a good pilot in a powerful suit.

Having Kira ordered around would be a sight to behold.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote