View Single Post
Old 2012-05-15, 16:05   Link #1026
Katapan
俺様祭り

Interrupting the current discussion for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Animation DO has announced their first solo project (nothing other than that announcement has been made), so this could be a way to "expand" without expanding the studio itself.
I have to say, I'm very curious to find out what this project will turn out to be. I wanted to believe in a consequential anime project at first but wasn't really aware of Animation DO's workforce, and after asking around, I've come to the conclusion that they probably couldn't pull off more than a short of some sort at this point. I thought we may figure something out during Hyouka's broadcast by looking at their involvement in its production, but it looks as if they are participating about just as much as in your past KyoAni productions, so I guess their full attention isn't on their "new project" either... or it could just be that Hyouka's second episode was actually finished a long time ago, but I doubt we're looking at more than a couple of months at best.

Going by the two illustrations that came along with the announcement on the Animation DO website, I also ended up wondering this might be some kind of attempt from whoever might be producing this project to bring the KyoAni quality to another kind of audience without hurting the studio's current image. I don't think anyone'd go through the risk of associating the studio with a potentially female-oriented work, hence using the subsidiary as a middle ground. That's a lot of assumptions based on just two pictures, though - watch it become the physical release of their illustration project instead of anything anime-related...