View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 01:46   Link #30310
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
My only one concrete issue with Ikuko = random, which does seem likely canon, is that whatever happened to all that stuff about the solution not being a new person to be introduced. Yes you can argue that that only relates to the gameboards and not the story itself, but I still feel like regardless of who she is there should be some hints about her existence in ep 1-4.
That's not what that rule EVER meant. It refers to the culprit exclusively, not 'aspects of the solution'.

Even if it did, Ikuko is not the solution. Who she is 100% does not matter to the situation.

Quote:
Well yes Hideyoshi cared about feelings and Eva cared about prestige, but she never was the proper lady. Every couple had elements of both, but certainly Krauss and Natsuhi fit it well, as did Kanon and Jessica. George was all about being a proper man and heck, Rudolf switched a baby so he wouldn't have to divorce his wife. I know you can say that Natsuhi cared a lot about honour, but her motivations were never for status or money, but more for my husband.
It's a complete sham. Krauss put his family first and Natsuhi was always thinking of the family's honor; George focused on his personal feelings over the legacy of his family, Battler has no attachment to the Ushiromiyas, and Kinzo was so devoted to Beatrice that the whole family could burn for all he cared.

Almost every instance that could possibly relate to Ryukishi's presumed gender roles is entirely wrong, and he only said it in an interview regarding Beatrice's suicide, so I tend to think he was bullshitting in that specific instance without thinking in the context of the greater novel.

Even if it didn't contradict his novel? It's incredibly fucking sexist and he should've kept his mouth shut.