View Single Post
Old 2008-03-25, 09:06   Link #835
Zantetsuken68

I just read through the English translated version of KNJ, and I found it very interesting. I couldn't agree more with what Lunar Archavist said about the dispute between Reiji and Roku over Rin. They claim they're doing what's "in the child's best interest", but in the end it was their own interests they were protecting. Whether this was intentional or not, it was extremely selfish on both their parts. But what was even more insulting toward Rin was how they talked about her like she wasn't even there. The lawyer was the most amusing of all. She could give two shits about Rin's needs or interests, she's just there earning her paycheck, but that's to be expected though. My opinion for Aoki however, went up significantly. He could have used the trump card of telling about the marks on Rin's neck, but he held his tongue. In the end, he had no concrete evidence that Reiji did this to Rin. Aoki would have only isolated Rin further by mentioning this. But where Aoki was really smart was how he told Rin to speak her mind and make her feelings be heard. Although Reiji might be whack job (unbeknownst to Rin), she still loved him and she didn't want to be separated from him. Whether or not this is good for Rin in long run, depends on if Reiji comes to his senses and stops treating her as a replacement for Aki. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.
Zantetsuken68 is offline   Reply With Quote