View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 18:11   Link #102
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I actually agree with the sentiment of Jinbei making Ace's safety his top priority. Even if he and Luffy fail to save Ace at Impel Down, they can still travel together to Marineford to make a second rescue attempt (that is, as long as they aren't too injured/tired....). After all, despite whatever differences the two of them had in the past, we can see that Ace and Jinbei have a good deal of respect for each other now. Plus, seeing as Jinbei has such great reverence for Newgate, I'm sure that he'd have no objection to taking Ace to safety while war being waged. I also think that Jinbei has less of a chance of losing his position if he went MIA (i.e. bringing Ace to his homeland) instead of openly rebelling against the government with Whitebeard.......
The thing is, if Ace is saved, thats does not stop Whitebeard from giving the WG a piece of his wrath for messing with one of his sons, that just the type of man Whitebeard is. Jinbei going MIA and not helping Whitebeard in the war, wouldn't do his island any good either, because if Whitebeard dies his home island and many others will fall into chaos. Jinbei's' position as one of the Seven Armed Seas don't mean jack to at this point. Hence him tossing it, trying to stop the war.

and if Ace is not saved but transported, I bet Jinbei would take flight to wherever war is being held, and aid Whitebeard.