View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 03:40   Link #2117
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post
For anybody already anticipating the next OST (since I KNOW I AM AFTER THESE LAST COUPLE OF EPISODES hnngh), amazon.jp has a release date of March 21st.
Thanks a lot for the info I didn't realize it! Freaking awesome, can't wait, I'll definitely be purchasing it again! (Totally agree with you!)

---

Hmm... personally I think the victory is going to be sweeter this way. Anyway I disagree that Ades' military power is not plausible, or that just because it's battleship vs battleship doesn't mean that one side couldn't have much better ships or a much larger fleet, even from the map you can see how much of a world power they are and how much land and resources they likely have compared to the other nations, also I found the fact that Gonzo gave Ades several different generals all with different styles, most of whom are pretty relatable and even likeable and most of whom with quite honorable moments (such as Sadri saluting his ship as it went down, Orang's professional focus on strategies, Kayvan's honorable soldier mentality, Vasant's history and acting as guardian for Sara after her mother died) extremely interesting to watch. There's nothing wrong with it taking an alliance to take down a very powerful nation or the beginnings of a civil war. Also let's not forget that Luscinia and Alauda are right at the top of Ades, and when their plans are really threatened the two of them have at least some level of access to Guild knowledge, technology, and even some Guilders such as Alauda's assassins (even if they keep it separate from Ades most of the time). With all of the nation's they've annexed they are the strongest military power in the world, this was evident even back during the Grand Race when Farahnaz discusses her sins and her attempt to do atleast what's humanly possible to make up for it now pushing for peace. The only reason she has such a position to be able to severely sway whether the world is at war or peace is because Ades is the strongest military power of the world and yet they can ofcourse still be beaten by the right alliance of nations. That it would take an alliance to really push them back is entirely the point, and it's not really the first time something like this has occurred.

Also, about the Ades military power thing, IMO they have also been shown to not be infallibly powerful at various times, they were not entirely ready to counter small vanships as a more serious threat and they had to delay their attack on Glacies until just recently while they perfected their new weapon systems, and prior to those weapons being ready Sadri's ships were completely owned by Glacies in the previous encounter, and that was clearly not the first time they'd realized that Glacies would be a challenge without countermeasures for Glacies unique ships, the only reason the battle went the way it did this time is because Ades was unable to beat Glacies forces before and had to upgrade their ships and now have Turan's Exile. Glacies could have probably done some serious damage before Ades finished development of those weapons, especially if they wanted to make an alliance with another nation for support, but after Ades re-declared war after the assassination they instead chose to go into isolation.

As for allowing Anatoray time, until very recently they didn't even know they existed and it's only been a short two years since they have, from the map our Anatoray settled beyond Glacies territory after returning on their Exile (a country that until just now this last ep Ades has not been able to cross their land) so they would have had to go the opposite way around the globe just to attempt to find their land if they even knew to look for it (we also still don't know how big their territory is), and until ep 8 the Silvius was a completely unknown ship to them still called "Silvius the reaper" with no known affiliation and that they had a difficult time tracking. So they haven't purposely given them time, they were even trying to track the Silvius as early as episode 3. They first fully confirmed their existence merely a couple of episodes ago when they interrupted the alliance ceremony Vincent took part in and confirmed the Silvius' captain as Tatiana and the existence of Anatoray, it's only been a few eps since they confirmed it's existence and at their first opportunity they are already sending their fleets to encounter them so they haven't purposefully given them time, Anatoray has just played their recent arrival and cards well by conducting recon first stealthily with the Silvius and Dio before becoming an active player on the "world stage" and not blindly jumping into the world's conflicts without knowing what was going on first and trying to forge alliances.

As for the travel time thing, I think they've done a good job, some of it is ofcourse that this is a show and there's a limited amount of screentime but with Alauda, I think we could count that he's got a Guild speed booster for his vanship to account for some of that, he can likely get around quite quickly, we could see the speed back in ep 2 when his ship boosted like a real Guild craft, Dio's vanship appeared to have little chance of catching up.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-02-01 at 04:09.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote