View Single Post
Old 2011-05-05, 16:50   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
A First one bit older:
Juuni Kokki/The Twelve Kingdoms - this to date the only fantasy series I can compare to Seirei no Moribito for having such a rich and deep fantasy setting, I'd highly suggest it, though the main female, Youko, might put you off some at the start, she does change and develop a lot as a character. I'd really suggest it first.
Of last year some notable missing for your list by genres you listed, I'd say:
Katanagatari - the first two episodes are a bit more dialogue heavy than the later episodes, but it's very good fantasy character driven series with some romance and comedy at times plus Shichika's character develops quite well over the series compared to how he started too.
MM! - Since I see B Gata H Kei and Seitokai Yakuindomo got a decent rating from you, I'd suggest it's a great comedy/romance series and the male lead is good despite his "problem" .
Bungaku Shoujo - an excellent romance/drama movie of last year, the male lead isn't bad either especially after you learn what he went thru before .
Thanks for the quick reply! I tried really hard with Katanagatari - I really did - but there's just something about this author that rubs me the wrong way. I don't dislike it like I do Bakemonogatari, and I don't deny it's probably very good - it just doesn't fit with me.

I actually saw Bungaku Shoujo - at the cineplex on the top floor of Ikebukuro Station, in fact! My bad for not noting that in my account - fixed. Liked it a lot.

MM - I'll admit to being turned off by the premise, and that's why I skipped it. With your rec in mind, I'll try and work my way up to giving it a try.

I don't know why I haven't watched Twelve Kingdoms - everyone compares it to Moribito. I have no excuses - I've just never quite felt in the mood at the time I considered it.

A couple of series I'm toying with, in case anyone has a strong opinion: Lovely Complex, Kekkaishi, Kenichi, Aishiteruze Baby. And no, I haven't seen Honey & Clover. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-05-05 at 17:08.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote